CONTACT A SALES REPRESENTATIVE TODAY Request A Quote
The S. Howes industrial knife cutter provides fast, uniform cutting of a variety of product with a series of rotary and fixed bed knives. A sizing screen prevents oversized product from leaving the cutting area until the desired size has been obtained.
Rotors spin at a nominal speed of 500 rpm to cut various complex materials, producing a tip speed of approximately 280 fpm. The throughput of the machine is related to the screen size installed. If a high throughput process is required while attaining significant size reduction, two or more machines can be combined in series to provide staged size reduction without significantly reducing throughput.
Several models can accommodate material capacities from 2,400 to 7,000 lbs per hour and can be custom-engineered for the most demanding cutting requirements.
Testing & Rental Units Available Rental Equipment
- Compact design requires little floor space
- Sizing screens are available in virtually any hole size or shape, and custom patterns are also available
- Low energy usage design for economical operation
- Constructed in stainless steel or mild steel, depending on the application
- Quick screen removal and change design
- Replacement knives are stocked at S. Howes for quick delivery
- Belt-driven cutting blade design or an optional clutch design to handle particularly difficult materials
- Low RPM provides trouble-free operation for cutting a wide variety of materials
- Animal Feed
- Wood Chips
- Oat Groats