CONTACT A SALES REPRESENTATIVE TODAY Request A Quote
Our Power Grater size reducer features a unique multi-functional design that provides grating, delumping, particle sizing, crushing, shredding, and de-agglomeration of various products. With its low horsepower requirements, low paddle speed, and heavy-duty construction, the S. Howes power grater is an economical choice for reliable size reduction with less fines.
Power graters can be designed in stainless steel, carbon steel, or other alloys, and screens can be customized to your requirements. The screen cage can be removed with minimal tools for fast screen change and cleaning in sanitary applications. Optional, hinged cleanout doors and view windows allow access to the rotor assembly and all interior casing areas.
How It Works
The Power Grater consists of a dust-tight housing that contains a paddle assembly and an aperture screen. The screen features holes edged by raised cutting edges that grate or shred the product as it is pushed over the screen. The paddles rotate, and the product is rubbed against the grater screen for clean, efficient reduction.
Testing & Rental Units Available Rental Equipment
- Low paddle rotation speed design for less fines (approximately 88 RPM for single speed models)
- Heavy-duty, rugged construction with few moving parts and dependable long-life components provide extremely low maintenance and high reliability
- Single and variable speed drives are available including mechanical, electrical (AC or DC controllers), and hydraulic
- TEFC, explosion proof or hostile environment motors are available
- Resin lined mild steel casing with stainless steel working parts are available
- Filter Cake
- Peat Soil
- Animal Feed
Engineered To Order
S. Howes engineering staff will custom design any special stands or transition pieces to meet your specific needs.
Testing & Rental Unit Specifications