CONTACT A SALES REPRESENTATIVE TODAY Request A Quote
Our Powermix mixer is designed for strenuous industrial usage across a wide variety of industries. Extra heavy gauge steel is used for the tank and end plates, and powerful, heavy-duty drives are used to ensure years of reliable operations.
Over 16 standard models are available from 6 to 419 cu. ft. (3/4 full). Custom models available up to 1,500 cu. ft.
Mixing is accomplished using either S. Howes’ original double ribbon or an adjustable paddle agitator. Custom assemblies are also available.
Testing & Rental Units Available Rental Equipment
- Dense material
- Clay or Mud
- Minerals Processing
Details of Standard Powermix Construction
- Materials of construction are up to 50% heavier than that of the Mixall model, for abrasive and more dense applications.
- End plates are reinforced to provide stiffness and support. Blind end plate is bolted to the tank and the drive end is welded – both at 90 degree angles – no radius. Structural channel is used for reinforcement of the tank walls.
- Uniquely designed double ribbon type agitator assembly features ribbons welded to cross-arms. Paddle agitators feature paddles that can be either welded or bolted to cross-arms.
- Tubular shafts with welded journals are a standard for all Powermix models. Shafting materials are made heavier to carry up to twice the horsepower of Mixall models.
- Drive-end bearings and journals will withstand high starting torque at maximum recommended horsepower. Bearings are 2 1/2 times the calculated radial load. High quality, self-aligning type bearings are furnished on all Powermixes. Bearings are mounted to allow for alignment of the cylinder and have lock screws to secure the bearing locations.
- Support cradles under the tank are available to provide improved distribution of heavier loads.
Custom designs are job-engineered to meet your specific applications